Sango United Methodist Church was formed over 100 years ago, when Montgomery County was rural rather than residential. The Rev. Jeremiah Cullom, who served many churches in middle Tennessee in the 1800s, organized the church. The original structure was built in 1903, across Sango Road from our present facility. Our current sanctuary was built in 1960. The educational wing was constructed in 1987, and in 1998 the Christian Life Center was built.
Sango Church was originally part of the Asbury Circuit (a grouping of five churches), and later was yoked with Bethlehem Methodist for 45 years. In 1994 Sango received its own pastor for the first time, and our membership has grown significantly since then. While we retain the warmth and charm of our country heritage, Sango Church is a dynamic congregation that reaches out beyond ourselves. In addition to the primary ministries of worship, study, fellowship and service, we minister to the community through a Parents Day Out, sponsor Boys Scouts, Cub Scouts and Girl Scouts, and host many community events and meetings. Every year since 1989 we have held the Sango Scamper Road Race, which raises money for Habitat for Humanity.
Today people of all ages and diverse backgrounds find that Sango Church is an exciting fellowship in which to serve the Lord!