Sango UMC has a job opening for a Contemporary Service Music Leader. The primary responsibility is to provide direction/leadership/execution for the contemporary music ministry at Sango UMC.
- Directs and accompanies the Contemporary Service Musicians for each service, each week
- Responsible for recruitment of instrumentalists and vocalists for the Contemporary Service
- Scheduling of Praise Team rehearsals, at least once a week
- Regular communication with the Director of Music Ministries regarding any needs, necessary equipment repairs, etc.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the lighting, LED Screens and sound equipment for the Contemporary Service
- Trains others in the use and operation of this equipment
- Meets the administrative requirements of the job on a weekly basis
Qualifications for this job include:
- A personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Experience, talent and temperament to work with musicians and volunteers of all ages and skill level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to plan, organize, lead complex projects and activities related to Sango UMC music ministries.
This is a part-time position, 10 hours per week, up to $15.00 per hour, DOE. Interviews will be set for this opening to begin in October, 2015
If you are interested in this job, or know someone who is, you may submit a resume or request a complete job description by contacting Ms. Angela Counts at email@example.com. If you would like to make this request by phone, please call the church at 931-358-2552 and Ms. Angela will be glad to help you.
If you have additional questions, please call Brad Williams, SPRC Chairman, at 931-494-0798.